I was tagged by Cheh, the Moderately Confused Pinay in Deutschland for this meme a while back and I am finally getting around to it today.
Here are the following guidelines of the meme:
1. First name: (a photo would be nice)
2. How and where did you meet?
4. Your plans 20 to 30 years from now.
This is a meme about our better halves. Or worse halves whichever way you want to look at it 🙂 No matter which way you look at it, they are our halves and without them we cannot be whole.
1. His first name is Aaron, but I call him Mike or honey. He’s my Mike and Honey 😉 He is a very talented artist but very camera shy. This photo, I stole from his website.
2. We first met when he came to our house for breakfast. My sister was dating his brother and he had just moved to Los Angeles. His brother wanted him to meet his girlfriend’s family and I had cooked breakfast. Nothing earth shattering happened at our first meeting. It was a few months after he had moved to L.A. before we started dating exclusively. We got married almost exactly a year after that first meeting and the rest, as they say, is history.
3. He is everything that I am not but aspire to be. He is loving, attentive, committed, funny and well principled. He is generous and nurturing. He is my pillar. Everyday, he does something that makes me thankful to have him in my life. Even on days when he irritates and exasperates the heck out of me, I am grateful that he is there for me. I wrote something that I haven’t even told him about yet. That’s because sometimes I have a hard time saying Thank YOU. It always seems so hollow when I say it, but sounds better when I write it down. So if you’d like to see what he’s done for me lately, read about why I thank him.
4. 20 or 30 years from now, if we’re still breathing, I hope we are still breathing the same air. I hope we are both still relatively healthy although we will be in our 70s and 80s by then. I hope that by then we would know whether we’ve done a great job raising our girls or not, if we had lived life fully enough so we have few regrets; I hope that we love each other more than we do now and that we know each other better and be more courageous to say what we truly feel and think.
So now I ask these bloggers to share their spouses (there is no specific number of people to tag, so tag as many or as few as you’d like):
- Desarapen Tales ~ Cecile
- Domesticated Party Girl ~ Meeya
- Feisty Momma ~ Dexie
- Francesca in France
- Ate Sienna ~ Gigi
- Svelte’s Pansit
- HipNCoolMomma ~ Girlie
- Mga MuniMuni ~ Leah
- From the Boondocks ~ Bill
- Tito Rolly
- WatsOn ~ Nick
- Baby Rambutan
OK, i don’t think my list is as long as CheH’s but still long enough, don’t you think?