Have Game of Thrones fans gotten over the Red Wedding episode yet? It’s been a week, I know…
…but it took me the whole of the next book in the Ice and Fire series by George R. R. Martin to get over the red wedding and stop hating him. I watched for a whole week on Facebook and Twitter the collective shock, then awe, then rage spread among you. So yes, I do feel your pain, Game of Thrones fans.
For fellow parents who are also mesmerized by the series, I just ran across this funny article:
1. When it comes to your child’s safety, never let your own agenda cloud your judgment.
2. When pregnant, it is ill-advised to attend weddings populated by heavily armed men.
3. Teach girls to fight and boys to run away.
4. Don’t live your dreams through your children.
5. Avoid siring children with your sibling.
Click on the link above to get more detail about each lesson. But they are worthwhile lessons to revisit, don’t you think? Especially that last one. At least now you won’t feel like you’ve wasted three seasons of your life watching Game of Thrones only to have the characters you’ve fallen in love with get killed in one fell sweep. Damn GRRM!